Monday, March 4, 2013

My Little Raspberry

We have hit the 8 weeks mark and we finally have our first appointment with the OBGYN!  I can't wait to see my sweet baby ;)!  I have been really, really tired but doing my best to fight the fatigue.  Honestly, the nausea and queasiness to worse then being tired.  I am not actually tossing up my cookies, so to speak, but not feeling well can still take a toll on your body.  Even though it has been tough, I remind myself that the queasy feeling is my little baby P growing inside me! 

Even though I'm tired and have been a little sick I am keeping up with my workouts pretty well.  I have definitely taken it way down and I don't push myself every hard for the safety of my babes.  Here is an overall idea of what I am doing at 8 weeks;

Cardio:
Well Cardio has pretty much turned into walking inclines, low speeds on the Stair-Climber, and the Elliptical.  I no longer do fat burning speed intervals of HIIT work.  I'm not trying to lose weight and to be honest I'm to darn tired to do all that anyway haha!  I always do at least 20 minutes but aim to do more where I can especially since I have decreased my intensity.  Baby first!


Strength Training:
I am still focused on training specific body parts on certain days;

Back and Bi's
Chest and Tri's
Shoulders
Legs

Now I focus on using lower weight and I increase the number of reps.  The number one thing to remember while working out when pregnant is, if it doesn't feel right anymore or in general, stop doing it.  For example, I no longer do assisted pull-ups, it just feels weird and stretches my tummy.

Abs:
Abdominals is a little trickier for me.  I am still doing abs laying on my back (which you can only do up to 13 weeks) but most of the moves put a bit of stress on my abs.  So, I am focusing more on my core.  I do multiple plank moves for the center /sides and focus on positions that make me hold the muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment