Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pregnancy and Cardio

So I haven't blogged in several weeks and I'm sorry for that!  I was super busy at work and life but I got a topic to share today!

Pregnancy and cardio, just because you are pregnant doesn't mean you can't workout and enjoy a nice sweat session.  Over the memorial day weekend I took myself and my 20 weeks belly to the track!  This is something I really enjoyed doing before I got pregnant and to be honest this weekend is the first time I've gone since.  I am going to share my pre and during pregnancy track routine.

Pre Pregnancy:

First Mile - Walk 1 lap, run 1 lap, walk 1 lap, run 1 lap (the run is faster then whats comfortable)
Bleachers - Run 5 minutes worth of bleachers (I could usually do 5 or 6)
Second Mile -  Walk the turns and sprint the straight aways as fast as I could to complete 4 laps
Bleachers - Run 5 minutes worth of bleachers
Third Mile - Walk the turns and sprint the straight aways as fast as I could to complete 4 laps

If I was up to it I would repeat the bleachers and the first mile again!



During Pregnancy:

First Mile - Walk 1 lap, run 1 lap, walk 1 lap, run 1 lap (I ran as fast as I could)
Bleachers - I complete 3 bleach climbs (I was able to run the first one and the last 2 I went as high as I could)
Second Mile -Walk 1 lap, run 1 lap, walk 1 lap, run 1 lap
Bleachers - I complete 3 bleach climbs (I was able to run the first one and the last 2 I went as high as I could)

I walked one final lap just to cool down some!

You can see I didn't make it as long or as powerful but I was still very proud of myself and happy I could still complete what I set out to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment